Due to a steady stream of spam and a complete lack of legitimate Email from domains ending with “.in”, Omniweb, Inc. has made the decision to reject all Email ending with “.in”. We apologize to our legitimate users in the nation of India and request that you contact us using third party email systems such as yahoo or gmail. Thank you, come again.
Nothing like announcing the news (to my inbox, at least) at 4:50 PM on Friday.
Today I read that Imo will “start discontinuing” the fantastic free service I’ve come to rely on, on Monday.
To provide the best and most reliable service for our users, we need to focus on the areas we feel we can make the biggest impact.
We are now going to concentrate on building out our own communications platform to help people easily connect in their everyday lives.
Our goal is to create the fastest and most reliable messaging, voice and video call service in the world.
On March 3, 2014, we will start discontinuing support for all third-party instant messaging networks. We know change isn’t always easy, but we hope our users will trust that this will make imo an even better service.
Oh well, 2 days warning is better than none, thanks for the ride Imo.
1. on all replicating slaves issue:
2. on the slave that will be master there should be no binary logs floating around. issue:
3. change the ip address of the new master to that of the old (or not, and update your clients instead)
4. on the replicating slaves issue
CHANGE MASTER TO (with connection info but no log file or position)
Can’t connect to one virtual host with vsphere, but the others are working from the same client.
vSphere Client could not connect to “192.168.1.100″.
An unknown connection error occurred. (The client could not send a complete request to the server. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.))
So, how do we get around this? Well, the best answer would be to upgrade to Vista or higher. Obviously, if you haven’t yet, there is a reason.
On 64bit version of XP and 2003, simply install this hotfix from Microsoft. If you are using a 32bit version, there is no hotfix, and we need to edit the vCenter server to allow older encryption methods.
Fortunately (if SSH is enabled), richardvm over on this post on the VMWare forums has instructions for handling it;
4. Re: Windows XP vSphere Client 5.5
For those that don’t have vCenter or want to connect to a stand alone ESXi 5.5 host via the vSphere Client, you’ll need to ssh into the ESXi host and modify the following file: /etc/vmware/rhttpproxy/config.xml
Insert the following xml line into the appropriate section:
After saving your changes restart the service:
It’s been a while since I set up samba. I just put it on Ubuntu 12 and saw the subject error when testing with smbclient.
Turns out I just need to set the password with
smbpasswd, then samba works. easy enough.
While trying to compile PHP 5.5 with pdo support on Ubuntu 12 with the intention of trying out this Medoo framework, I was seeing the subject error.
In the PHP installation folder, I edited the file
ext/pdo_mysql/php_pdo_mysql_int.h and I changed line 31 from
# include <mysql.h>
# include </usr/include/mysql/mysql.h>
I don’t know why that was required, but after that configure ran… but make gives
/usr/local/src/php-5.5.8/ext/pdo_mysql/mysql_driver.c:35:26: fatal error: mysqld_error.h: No such file or directory
OK I changed the PHP configure command from having
then PHP was able to compile and now ‘pdo_mysql’ is present in the phpinfo(), but Medoo is giving a new error… it doesn’t like that our db has old passwords, but I can’t update that now, so I will move on testing the next framework…
After a brief power failure, was seeing messages including this error
csrow value is out of range on screen over and over.
Searched around and found that it’s caused by bad memory. Luckily there were 4 sticks in there and we can get away without one of them. Shutdown and tried booting up with each stick out until I knew for sure I had the culprit. As soon as it would boot the errors would start, so when that didn’t happen, I knew I was holding the bad guy in my hand. Problem solved, minus 1 gigabyte…
Found out how to do this by reading this blog here
Follow the steps below, if you want to change the source SMTP ip address in sendmail.
1) change the line below in sendmail.cf
#O ClientPortOptions=Family=inet, Address=x.x.x.x
O ClientPortOptions=Family=inet, Address=**ip address you want**
3) restart sendmail
Send a test mail and check its header. The source IP address should have changed
This question comes up a lot and there are a lot of answers out there. I wanted to note how I’m currently handling this, mainly since it gets undone when updating a standard included theme.
Go to the current theme’s folder inside wp-content/themes and edit the footer.php file. Search for the word “Proudly” and change that to what you need. In the style.css file, search for “wordpress.png” to change out the “W” icon.
Sometimes when moving a wordpress site around, I mess up one of the settings and get locked out. The wordpress login page is not letting me in, or not showing up at all! Brief moment of panic ensues. To fix this in the database, I usually need to update 2 of the fields in the wp_options table.
mysql> SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name IN ('siteurl','home');
Update those to what you need and you should be able to get back in. For example,
mysql> UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = 'http://www.omniweb.com/wordpress' where option_name IN ('siteurl','home');